Thursday 6 March 2014

Seminar and field trip - planning

Before I do all of this stuff I've been blogging about, getting excited about, and dedicating the last 5 months of my young life to, I have to ask the university's permission if I can do it. My proposal that I handed in a while back is the first part of that, but I also have to give a seminar on it. That's on Monday. I've practised it twice and have another practise planned tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Luckily my friends are willing to listen to me practise and give me heaps of critique, as they know I will do the same for them.

As soon as my proposal is over, I will prepare for fieldwork! I'm pretty prepared already actually, more prepared than I have been for anything else ever. I even have a sleeping bag which I'm still starving myself to pay for (technically it's supposed to come out of my field budget, but since the sleeping bag I got given by a previous student is a summer sleeping bag and I will be camping in the damp in the winter, I needed to get a better one...which cost about thrice the entire field budget). Except for permits, because the people who I need to speak to about them keep going on holiday (what is this with useful people going on holiday all the time??!!), and transport to the less easily accessible places, because I need permits first before I know the dates. I can't do much about that. At some point it will all fall beautifully into place like a bird's feathers. Soon, I hope. As long as I find some Cantuaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment